News:Recently, an Indian student has conquered Mt. Kosciuszko,the highest peak in Australia.
- Mount Kosciuszko is Australia’s highest mountain located in the southeast of the country.
- It is sometimes also included as one of the Seven Summits which are the highest mountain peaks on each continent.
About Seven Summit:
- The Seven Summits are the highest mountains of each of the seven continents.
- These seven summits depend on the definition used for a continent, in particular the location of the border of that continent.
- Hence,this results in two variations namely a) Mont Blanc versus Mount Elbrus for the continent of Europe and b) whether one includes all of Oceania or only mainland Australia as the continent which results in either Puncak Jaya or Mount Kosciuszko respectively.