- Delhi government’s Mukhyamantri Tirth Yatra Yojana has been launched. It is a fully-funded pilgrimage trip for senior citizens by the state government.
- Under the scheme, the government will bear the entire expenditure for all ‘yatris’, including air conditioned train travel, accommodation, meals, boarding and lodging and other arrangements.
- 1,100 senior citizens from each Assembly Constituency per year will be able to undertake free pilgrimages.
- It is estimated that on an average the scheme will incur a cost of Rs 7,000 per pilgrim. The pilgrimage duration will be of three days and two nights.
- Any resident of Delhi above 60 years of age will be eligible for the scheme. The applicant should not have an income of above Rs 3 lakh/ annum and should not be an employee of Central/state/local government or autonomous bodies.
- The pilgrimage can be undertaken on the circuits of a) Delhi-Mathura-Vrindavan-Agra-Fatehpur Sikri-Delhi; b)Delhi-Haridwar-Rishikesh-Neelkanth-Delhi; c) Delhi-Ajmer-Pushkar-Delhi; d) Delhi-Amritsar-Wagah border-Anandpur Sahib-Delhi; and e) Delhi-Vaishno Devi-Jammu-Delhi.
2 min read