News:A Mukti Caravan has been flagged off in Rajasthan to mobilise people against child trafficking.
About Mukti Caravan:
- The Mukti(liberation) Caravan is a nationwide campaign launched by Nobel peace laureate Kailash Satyarthi.
- The campaign aims to raise awareness about evils like child trafficking, child labour and child sexual abuse.
- Activists, government officials, theatre artists, National Legal Services Authority representatives, judiciary and other stakeholders are part of this campaign.
Legislative Provisions related to Trafficking in India:
- Immoral Traffic (Prevention) Act,1956(ITPA): It is the premier legislation for prevention of trafficking for commercial sexual exploitation.
- Criminal Law (amendment) Act 2013:It provides for comprehensive measures to counter the menace of human trafficking including trafficking of children for exploitation in any form.
- Protection of Children from Sexual offences(POCSO) Act,2012:It is a special law to protect children from sexual abuse and exploitation.