- The National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) has been awarded the distinction of Public Water Agency of the Year at the Global Water Awards in London,UK.
- The Global Water Awards are presented at the Global Water Summit.It is the major business conference for the water industry worldwide.
- The awards recognise excellence across the international water industry and reward those initiatives in the water,waste water and desalination sectors which bring remarkable improvements in the lives of people.
- NMCG is the implementation wing of the National Ganga Council.It was registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860.The government through the River Ganga (Rejuvenation, Protection and Management) Authorities Order, 2016,declared NMCG as an Authority.It has been given powers to issue directions and also to exercise the powers under the Environment (Protection) Act,1986.
- The NMCG implements the Namami Gange programme.The Namami Gange is an Integrated Conservation Mission which seeks effective abatement of pollution,conservation and rejuvenation of River Ganga.
2 min read