- Minister of Women and Child Development has informed Lok Sabha about the National Crèche Scheme.
- National Crèche Scheme is implemented as a Centrally Sponsored Scheme through States/UTs from 2017.The scheme is being implemented by the Ministry of Women and Child Development.
- The scheme aims to provide day care facilities to children from age group of 6 months to 6 years of working mothers in the community.
- The scheme also aims to provide supplementary nutrition,health care inputs like immunization, polio drops, basic health monitoring, sleeping facilities,pre-school education for children aged between 3-6 yrs.
- A crèche is a facility which enables parents to leave their children while they are at work and where children are provided stimulating environment for their holistic development.
1 min read