News: Since 2008, the National Girl Child Day is celebrated in India every year on January 24 by the Ministry of Women and Child Development
- Highlight the inequalities faced by girls in the country
- Promote awareness about the rights of a girl child
- Generate awareness on the importance of girl education, health, and nutrition.
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
- It was launched in 2015. The scheme is aimed at promoting gender equality and the significance of educating girls.
- It is targeted at improving the Child Sex Ratio through multi-sectoral interventions.
- The scheme is a tri-ministerial effort of Ministries of (a) Women and Child Development (b) Health & Family Welfare and (c) Human Resource Development.