News: Department of Biotechnology(DBT) Secretary has inaugurated National Immunogenicity & Biologics Evaluation Center(NIBEC).
- About NIBEC: It is a first of its kind centre in the country developed for evaluation of the immunogenicity of vaccines & antiviral properties of drugs/preparations.
- Developed by: It has been established jointly by Bharati Vidyapeeth University through its constituent unit Interactive Research School for Health Affairs(IRSHA) and BIRAC-DBT through National Biopharma Mission.
- National Biopharma Mission(NBM): It is an industry-academia collaborative mission for accelerating biopharmaceutical development in the country.
- Launched Year: It was launched in 2017 at a total cost of Rs 1500 crore and is 50% co-funded by World Bank loan.
- Implementation: Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC).
- Innovate in India(i3) programme: It has been launched under this mission to create an enabling ecosystem to promote entrepreneurship and indigenous manufacturing in the biopharma sector.
- BIRAC: It is a not-for-profit state owned enterprise under the Department of Biotechnology (DBT) to strategically empower emerging biotech companies.