News:Department of Science and Technology (DST) has decided to establish a Technology Innovation Hub(TIH) at IIT Mandi under the National Mission on Interdisciplinary Cyber-Physical Systems (NM-ICPS).
About the Hub:
- Aim:To focus on human-computer interaction(HCI) research where projects will focus on design and development of computer technology (interfaces) and the study of interaction between humans(users) and computers.
About Cyber Physical Systems(CPS):
- Cyber Physical Systems(CPS) are a new class of engineered systems that integrate computation and physical processes in a dynamic environment.
- It encompasses technology areas of Cybernetics, Internet of Things (IoT), Big Data, Artificial Intelligence (AI) among others.
- The potential applications are a) Driverless cars that communicate securely with each other on smart roads b) Sensors in the home to detect changing health conditions among others.
- Launched in 2018 by the Department of Science & Technology for a period of five years.
- Aim:To create a seamless ecosystem for CPS by coordinating and integrating nationwide efforts encompassing knowledge generation, human resource development, research, technology, innovation and commercialization.
- Under this, Technology Innovation Hubs (TIH), Application Innovation Hubs(AIH) and Technology Translation Research Parks(TTRP) will be established.
- These hubs will connect to Academics, Industry, Central Ministries and State Government in developing solutions at reputed academic, R&D and other organizations across the country in a hub and spoke model.