News:The National Institute of Information Technology(NIIT) has been selected as one of the EdTech companies for the NEAT initiative.
- The National Educational Alliance for Technology(NEAT) was launched to customize learning process using Artificial Intelligence.
- It aims to recognize the development of emerging technologies in Adaptive Learning and bring them under a common platform so that learners can access it easily.
- All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) would be the implementing agency for the NEAT programme.
Features of the programme:
- Under the programme,EdTech Companies would be created through a Public-Private Partnership (PPP) model.These EdTech companies would then create a National Alliance with the emerging technologies.
- Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) would act as a facilitator to ensure that the Adaptive Learning Solutions are freely available to a large number of economically backward students.
- Further,a National NEAT platform would also be created to provide one-stop access to Adaptive Learning Solutions.