News:Union Minister of Human Resource Development has inaugurated NISHTHA programme for the teachers of Jammu and Kashmir.
About NISHTHA Programme:
- NISHTHA is a capacity building programme for improving the quality of School Education through Integrated Teacher Training.
- Aim:To train teachers and school principals at the elementary stage so that they can encourage and foster critical thinking in students.
- The training will be conducted by Key Resource Persons(KRPs) and State Resource Persons (SRP) identified by the State and UTs.
Coverage:The programme aims to build the capacities of around 42 lakh participants covering
- all teachers and heads of elementary Government schools
- faculty members of State Councils of Educational Research and Training(SCERTs) and District Institutes of Education and Training(DIETs) and
- Block Resource Coordinators and Cluster Resource Coordinators in all States and UTs
Expected outcomes of the programme:
- Improvement in learning outcomes of the students.
- Teachers are trained to use Art as pedagogy leading to increased creativity and innovation among students.
- Integration of ICT in teaching learning and assessment.
- Transformation of the Heads of Schools into providing academic and administrative leadership for the schools for fostering new initiatives among others.