News:NITI Aayog, Atal Innovation Mission(AIM) in collaboration with the National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) has launched an AI-based Module rolled out for students in Indian schools.
About the AI-based module:
- Aim:To leverage the full potential of AIM’s Atal Tinkering Lab(ATL) and further empowers them to innovate and create valuable solutions benefiting societies at large.
- Under this,artificial intelligence-based modules will be implemented across 5000 Atal Tinkering Labs in the country.
- The module will contain activities, videos, and experiments that enable students to work through and learn the various concepts of AI.
About Atal Tinkering Labs(ATL):
- Atal Tinkering labs(ATL) have been established under the Atal Innovation Mission(AIM).
- Objective:To foster curiosity, creativity and imagination in young minds; and inculcate skills such as design mindset, computational thinking, adaptive learning, physical computing etc.
- Funding:AIM will provide grant-in-aid that includes a one-time establishment cost of Rs.10 lakh and operational expenses of Rs. 10 lakh for a maximum period of 5 years to each ATL.
- Eligibility:Schools (minimum Grade VI – X) managed by Government, local body or private trusts/society can set up ATL.
About Atal innovation mission(AIM):
- The Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) was set up by NITI Aayog in 2016.
- It aims to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship.It also seeks to create institutions and programs that enhance innovation in schools, colleges, and entrepreneurs in general.