News: NITI Aayog has presented India’s second Voluntary National Review (VNR) at the United Nations High-level Political Forum(HLPF) on Sustainable Development,2020.
- Voluntary National Review(VNR): It is a comprehensive account of the adoption and implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) 2030 Agenda in India.
- Title of the report: Decade of Action: Taking SDGs from Global to Local.
- NITI Aayog has the mandate of overseeing the adoption and monitoring of SDGs at the national and sub-national level.
- United Nations High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development(HLPF): It was established in 2012 by the outcome document of the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development(Rio+20).
- Purpose: It is responsible for the organization’s policy on sustainable development.It adopts negotiated declarations, reviews commitment and the progress of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
- Meeting: It meets annually since 2016 under the auspices of the UN Economic and Social Council(ECOSOC).