News: NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission(AIM) has launched the ‘ATL App Development Module’ for school children all across the country.
- ATL App Development Module: It is a free online course on app development that aims to hone the skills of school students and transform them from App users to App makers under the Atal Tinkering Labs initiative.
- Bodies Involved: It has been launched by Atal Innovation Mission(AIM) in collaboration with Indian homegrown startup Plezmo.
- Atal innovation mission(AIM): It was set up by NITI Aayog in 2016 to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship by creating institutions and programs that enhance innovation in schools, colleges, and entrepreneurs in general.
- Atal Tinkering Labs(ATL): They have been established under the Atal Innovation Mission(AIM) with an aim to foster curiosity, creativity and imagination in young minds and inculcate skills such as design mindset, computational thinking, adaptive learning, physical computing among others.
- Funding: AIM will provide grant-in-aid of Rs. 20 Lakh to each school that includes a one-time establishment cost of Rs. 10 lakh and operational expenses of Rs. 10 lakh for a maximum period of 5 years to each ATL.
- Eligibility: Schools (minimum Grade VI – X) managed by Government, local body or private trusts/society can set up ATL.