- The Union Home Minister has launched the Emergency Response Support System (ERSS), Investigation Tracking System for Sexual Offences and Safe City Implementation Monitoring Portal.
- ERSS is a pan-India single number (112) based response system for persons in distress. Under this system, all the states have to set up an Emergency Response Centre (ERC).
- The states/UTs/City where ERSS has been launched include Andhra Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Punjab, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Puducherry, Lakshadweep, Andaman, Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu and Jammu and Kashmir and Mumbai city. The service had previously been launched in Himachal Pradesh and Nagaland.
- The Investigation Tracking System for Sexual Offences (ITSSO) is an online module available to law enforcement agencies. It allows state to undertake real-time monitoring and management for completion of investigation in rape cases in 2 months.
- Safe City Implementation Monitoring (SCIM) portal has been developed to monitor and manage implementation of Safe City Projects. The portal seeks to facilitate online tracking of deployment of assets and infrastructure created under the Safe City projects. Safe city project seeks to make the cities safer for women by addressing different aspects such as street lighting, safer public transport, improved policing etc.
2 min read