- All India Plastics Manufacturers’ Association(AIPMA) has said that plastics industry is under severe stress due to environmental challenges.
- They have asked the government for export promotion schemes for Micro,Small, Medium Enterprises(MSMEs) in the plastic sector and removal of anti-dumping duty on machines not made in India.
- The industry has sought allocation of 25% of the land available at all industrial corridors for MSMEs at discounted rates.Additionally,it appealed to the government to make lending to MSMEs more convenient.
- Further,they have also asked for the establishment of a helpdesk for MSMEs at banks and the current limits under the Credit Guarantee Fund Trust for Micro and Small Enterprises(CGTMSE) scheme needs to increase to ₹4 crore.
- They have also demanded direct tax exemption on export income and income generated directly or indirectly from indigenisation as well as import substitution exemption for a period of five years.
1 min read