- The Union Cabinet has approved to extend the ambit of the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana.
- This scheme can now be availed by all land holding eligible farmer families (subject to the prevalent exclusion criteria) under the scheme irrespective of the size of land holdings.
- The revised Scheme is now expected to cover around 2 crore more farmers increasing the coverage of PM-KISAN to around 14.5 crore beneficiaries.
- The PM KISAN scheme was announced in the interim Budget 2019-20.The scheme seeks to a) provide assured supplemental income to the most vulnerable farmer families b) meet farmers emergent needs especially before the harvest season.
- Under the scheme,a direct income support of Rs 6,000/annum was provided to only small and marginalised farmers.The financial assistance will be directly transferred to the bank accounts of the beneficiary in 3 equal instalments.
6 min read