Skip to content
- The Tamil Nadu government will put in place an M-sand policy.The policy aims to promote the use of M-sand as an alternative building material.
- The policy will also help to eliminate the pervasion of sub-standard products in the market through the regulation of trade.
- M sand stands for Manufactured sand.It is a substitute of river sand for concrete construction.It is produced from hard granite stone by crushing.
- Due to fast growing construction industry,the demand for sand has increased tremendously causing deficiency of suitable river sand in most parts of the world.
- This has led to the use of manufactured sand in the construction sector. Another reason for use of M-Sand is its availability and transportation cost.
- The other advantage of using M-Sand is that it can be dust free and the sizes of m-sand can be controlled easily so that it meets the required grading for the given construction.