- The Haryana government will implement an ambitious project of installing an 18-digit Quick Response(QR) code carrying metal plates outside all built-up structures across the state.
- The metal plates will be affixed to the buildings.It will contain a Unique Property Identification and QR code(Digital Door Number).
- This move is aimed at enhancing the property-based tax revenues.It will also increase funds for the Urban Local Bodies for future development through a real-time property tax collection mechanism.
- Apart from tax collection,the digitisation of records will also enable the government to link other government schemes and transfer of benefits to citizens using the same QR codes.
- QR code or Quick Response code is a two-dimensional machine readable code that is made up of black and white squares and are used for storing URLs or other information.These can be read by the camera of a smartphone.
1 min read