News: Ministry of Women and Child Development has invited nominations for the Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar-2021.
- Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar: The award was instituted in 1996.It was earlier known as National Child Award for Exceptional Achievement.
- Aim: To give recognition to children with exceptional abilities and outstanding achievements in the fields of innovation, scholastic achievements, bravery, social service, arts & culture and sports.
- Bal Kalyan Puraskar: It was instituted in 1979 and was earlier known as National Child Welfare Awards.
- Aim: To give recognition to those who have made outstanding contributions in the fields of Child Development, Child Protection and Child Welfare.
- Categories: The award is given in two categories – Individual and Institution.Three awards are given in each of these two categories along with cash prizes.