- President of India has highlighted the importance of the government’s flagship ‘Khelo India Programme’.
- Addressing the joint sitting of the two Houses of Parliament in New Delhi today,the President said that the new government has decided to widen the spectrum of the ‘Khelo India Programme’ to cover the entire country.
- Khelo India programme was launched to revive the sports culture in India at the grass-root level by building a strong framework for all sports played in our country and establish India as a great sporting nation.
- It’s objective includes (a)Mass participation of the young population in Sports through annual sports competitions (b)Identification of sporting talent (c)Nurturing of the sporting talent through sports academies and (d)Creation of Sports Infrastructure at Block, District and State/UT Level.
- The Khelo India was revamped in September 2017.It had introduced a Pan Indian Sports Scholarship scheme which would cover 1,000 most talented young athletes each year across select sports disciplines.
5 min read