- The Indian President has paid his tribute to the fallen troops at the National Police Memorial in Delhi on the occasion of the CRPF ‘‘Valour Day’.
- The Central Reserve Police Force observed its 54th Valour Day on April 9, 2019.The day is observed by the force every year as a remembrance of the gallant fight back by a small contingent of the 2nd Battalion of CRPF against an attack by a Pakistani Brigade at the Sardar post in Gujarat Rann of Kutch on April 9,1965.
- President has also launched ‘Veer Parivar App’.It is a mobile application for families of CRPF personnel killed in the line of duty.
- The application will act as an interface between the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) authorities and the next of kin of the slain personnel.
- The app will render all assistance to the families of the martyred CRPF personnel with regard to issuance of ex gratia, pensionary benefits and all information regarding the welfare schemes introduced for them by the government.
- The assistance will be provided to the families on a real-time basis.The CRPF headquarters in Delhi and various group centres across the country will respond to these issues.
2 min read