News: Prime Minister has launched Digital India ”Atma Nirbhar Bharat App Innovation Challenge”.
- Aim: To facilitate the techies and start-up community to create world-class Made in India Apps.
- Bodies Involved: The challenge has been launched by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology in partnership with Atal Innovation Mission- NITI Aayog.
- Components: The challenge will have two tracks-
- Promotion of Existing Apps(Track 1): It aims to identify the best Indian Apps that are already being used by citizens and have the potential to become world class Apps in their respective categories.
- Development of New Apps(Track 2): It seeks to identify Indian start ups / entrepreneurs /companies and encourage them with ideation, incubation, prototyping and roll out of applications.