- The Reserve Bank of India(RBI) has launched a Complaint Management System (CMS).It is a software application to facilitate RBI’s grievance redressal processes.
- Customers can lodge complaints against any entity regulated by RBI with public interface such as commercial banks, urban cooperative banks,Non-Banking Financial Companies(NBFCs).
- This system will make sure that every complaint is received and grievances have to be resolved under a limited time period.
- The current grievance redressal mechanism is not completely online, which will not be the case with the CMS.The complainants will also be able to track the status of their complaints online.
- Currently,people with grievances about banking services have to lodge complaints at the banking ombudsman office falling in their jurisdiction.
- Banking Ombudsman is a quasi-judicial authority functioning under the Banking Ombudsman Scheme,2006.The authority was created to enable resolution of complaints of customers of banks relating to services rendered by the lenders.
5 min read