- The National Rice Research Institute (NRRI), a constituent institute of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research, released four new rice varieties.
- The four new rice varieties consists of (a) two high-protein rice varieties (CR Dhan 310 and CR Dhan 311) and (b)two climate-smart varieties (CR Dhan 801 and CR Dhan 802).These rice varieties are tolerant to both submergence and drought and few biotic stresses to face the challenges of climate change.
- NRRI also developed a Mobile App ‘riceXpert’ to provide information to farmers in real time on insect pests, nutrients, weeds, nematodes and disease-related problems.It will also facilitate the flow of information from scientist to farmers.
- NRRI is the nodal agency for planning, implementation and monitoring of bringing Green Revolution in Eastern India programme.
- It is situated at Cuttack,Odisha.It is one of the premier national research institutes under the Indian Council of Agricultural Research
1 min read