News:Indian Navy and the Royal Malaysian Navy will be participating in the bilateral exercise ‘Samudra Laksamana’ that will take place from 12th to 15th September 2019.
About the Exercise:
- The exercise would include a harbour phase wherein professional interactions, official calls, social engagements, visits by the local populace and various sports events would be conducted.
- The Sea Phase of the exercise would enable the two navies to further hone their skills in order to enhance interoperability between the navies to ensure peaceful and secure seas for all.
- On the Indian side,Indian Navy ships Sahyadri and Kiltan will take part in the exercise.
About INS Sahyadri and INS Kiltan:
- INS Sahyadri is a Shivalik-class stealth multi-role frigate built for the Indian Navy.
- INS Kiltan is an anti-submarine warfare corvette of the Indian Navy.It is the third of four Kamorta-class corvettes under various stages of induction with the Indian Navy.
- The two ships are equipped with a versatile array of weapons and sensors.
- They can carry multi-role helicopters and represent the ‘coming of age’ of India’s warship building capabilities.