News: The Expert Appraisal Committee of the Environment Ministry has recommended the grant of Environmental Clearance for the development of Satellite Town Ring Road(STRR).
- Satellite Town Ring Road(STRR): It is an economic corridor that encompasses two states of Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.
- The project is part of Bharatmala Pariyojna and will be implemented by the National Highways Authority of India(NHAI).
- Bharatmala Pariyojna: It is an umbrella initiative under the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
- Aim: To subsume unfinished projects of National Highways Development Project(NHDP) launched in 1998 and also focus on new initiatives like development of roads for better connectivity.
- Implementation: National Highways Authority of India(NHAI) has been tasked with implementing the programme.