News:The Indian Air Force will be carrying out a joint military exercise called ‘Shinyuu Maitri’ with Japanese Air Self Defence Force (JASDF) from 17 to 23 October 2019.
About Shinyuu Maitri:
- Shinyuu Maitri is a bilateral air exercise between the Japanese Air Self Defence Force(JASDF) and Indian Air Force(IAF).
- The exercise will be held at Air Force Station, Arjan Singh in Panagarh town,West Bengal.
- The objective of the exercise will be to undertake Joint Mobility and Tactical interoperability among the two forces.
- Indian Air force(IAF) C-130 J aircraft of Special Operations Squadron and JASDF’s C-130 H of Tactical Airlift Squadron will participate in the exercise.
Other exercises between India and Japan:
- JIMEX- It is a bilateral maritime exercise between India and Japan.
- Exercise Malabar– It is a trilateral naval exercise involving the United States, Japan and India as permanent partners.
- Sahayog-Kaijin – It is a joint bilateral exercise between Indian Coast Guard and the Japan Coast Guard.