- The Vice President of India has inaugurated the Golden Jubilee Celebrations of the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR).
- Addressing the session,he has called upon social science researchers to come up with innovative and out-of-box solutions to address various problems confronting the world from eradicating poverty to achieving sustainable development.
- ICSSR is an autonomous organisation funded by Ministry Of Human Resource Development (MHRD).It was established in 1969 by the Government of India on the recommendation of the then Planning Commission.
- ICSSR provide grants for projects, fellowships, international collaboration, capacity building, surveys, publications to promote research in social sciences in India.
- Further,National Social Science Documentation Centre (NASSDOC) was established in 1969 as a constituent unit of the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR).The objective of the NASSDOC is to provide library and information support services to social science researchers.
- ICSSR has developed ICSSR Data Service to serve as a national data service for promoting powerful research environment through sharing and reuse of data among social science community in India.
5 min read