News:Recently, the Minister for Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises has given information about the subsidies provided under the Solar Charkha Mission.
About the mission:
- Launched in 2018 by the Ministry of Micro Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME).
- It is implemented by the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC).
Objectives of the mission:
- To ensure inclusive growth by the generation of employment, especially for women and youth, and sustainable development through solar charkha clusters in rural areas.
- To boost the rural economy and help in arresting migration from rural to urban areas.
- To leverage low-cost, innovative technologies and processes for sustenance.