News: Software Technology Parks of India (STPI) is investing up to ₹400 crore in setting up office and connectivity infrastructure across several cities offering small technology firms a ‘plug-and-play’ facility.
- STPI: It is an Autonomous Society set up in 1991 under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
- Aim: To encourage, promote and boost the Software Exports from India.
- Governing Council: It is chaired by the Union Minister for Electronics & Information Technology.
- Headquarters: New Delhi.
- Next Generation Incubation Scheme(NGIS): It is STPI’s incubation scheme with the aim to drive the rise of India as a Software Product Nation so as to make India a global player in development, production and supply of Innovative, Efficient and Secure Software Products.
- Chunauti: It is an online Challenge under NGIS to find the products & solutions to address the issues/challenges faced during and post pandemic situation.