News: Atal Innovation Mission(AIM) in collaboration with Dell Technologies has launched Student Entrepreneurship Programme 2.0(SEP 2.0) for young innovators of Atal Tinkering Labs(ATLs).
- Student Entrepreneurship Programme(SEP): It aims to serve as a catalyst and help accelerate the entrepreneurial journey of the young innovators in creating a new innovative India.SEP 1.0 was launched in January 2019.
- SEP 2.0: It will allow student innovators to work closely with Dell volunteers.They will receive mentor support; prototyping and testing support; end-user feedback; intellectual property registration, processes, manufacturing support as well as the launch support of the product in the market.
- Atal innovation mission(AIM): It was set up by NITI Aayog in 2016 to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship by creating institutions and programs that enhance innovation in schools, colleges, and entrepreneurs in general.
- Atal Tinkering Labs(ATL): They have been established under the Atal Innovation Mission(AIM) with an aim to foster curiosity, creativity and imagination in young minds and inculcate skills such as design mindset, computational thinking, adaptive learning, physical computing among others.
- Financial Support: AIM will provide grant-in-aid of Rs. 20 Lakh to each school that includes a one-time establishment cost of Rs. 10 lakh and operational expenses of Rs. 10 lakh for a maximum period of 5 years to each ATL.
- Eligibility: Schools (minimum Grade VI – X) managed by Government, local body or private trusts/society to set up ATL.