News:Government of India has announced the winners of Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar, 2020.
About the award:
- The award has been instituted to acknowledge the contribution and selfless service of organisations and individuals to humanity in the aftermath of any disaster.
- The award is announced every year on the 23rd January,the birth anniversary of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose.
- All Indian Citizens and organizations who have excelled in areas of Disaster Management (Prevention, Mitigation, Relief or Early Warning) are eligible for the award.
- The award is given in two categories – Individual and Institution.It is given along with cash prizes.
- For 2020,Disaster Mitigation & Management Centre,Uttarakhand (Institution) and Shri Kumar Munnan Singh(Individual) have been selected for their commendable work in Disaster Management.