News: President of India has launched the Web-Portal of “National Youth Parliament Scheme”.
About Web portal of National Youth Parliament Scheme:
Objective: to increase the outreach of the youth parliament programme to hitherto untouched sections and corners of India.
- All recognised educational institutions of the country are eligible to participate in this programme.
- The registration for participation will be done by the education institutions through the web-portal using E-training modules, videos, photographs and scripts are available on the portal for online self-learning of the participants.
- After successful registration, the educational institutions will be able to conduct youth parliament sittings in their respective institutions.
National Youth Parliament Scheme
- It was launched in 1966 in Schools under the Directorate of Education, Government of NCT of Delhi and NDMC, Kendriya Vidyalayas, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas and Universities/ Colleges.
- The scheme is implemented by the Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs.
- The scheme encompasses conducting National Youth Parliament Competition every year.
- Familiarize the students with the practice and procedures of Parliament, techniques of discussion and debate
- Develop leadership qualities, spirit of self-discipline and tolerance of diverse opinions and healthy competition
- Inculcate among younger generations the art and skill of effective oratory, righteous expression of views and other virtues of a democratic way of life