- The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has adopted the National Strategy for Well-being,2031.
- The Strategy aims to make the UAE a world leader in quality of life through a number of strategic objectives and initiatives.
- The Strategy is based on a national framework of three main levels which are (a)individuals (b)society and (c)country.
- The strategy aims to promote an integrated concept of well-being thus supporting the vision of the UAE Vision 2021 and the UAE Centennial 2071.
- The first National Well-being Observatory will also be established as part of the strategy in order to (a)support policy-making (b)monitor a number of indicators (c)submit regular reports (d)propose training programmes for government employees and (e)launching of the academy of well being for future generations.
- Further,this strategy has 14 components and nine strategic objectives which include enhancing people’s wellbeing by promoting healthy and active lifestyles,promoting good mental health and adopting positive thinking.
5 min read