News: The Union Agriculture Minister has launched the Krishi Megh (National Agricultural Research and Education System – Cloud Infrastructure and Services).
- Krishi Megh: It is a data recovery centre setup to protect the data of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research(ICAR).
- Location: The centre has been set up at National Academy of Agricultural Research Management (NAARM), Hyderabad.
- Significance: The centre was set up under the National Agricultural Higher Education Project(NAHEP).
- NAHEP: It is a Government of India-World Bank funded project that aims to attract talent and strengthen higher agricultural education in the country by supporting agricultural universities and ICAR in providing more relevant and quality education to Agricultural University students.
- ICAR: It is an autonomous organisation under the Department of Agricultural Research and Education (DARE), Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.Union Minister of Agriculture serves as its president.