- The bilateral relations between India and Bhutan has received a major boost with the Budget announcing a major increase in the allocation to Bhutan under India’s foreign affairs outlay.
- Bhutan received ₹2,802 crore, out of the total allocations for foreign affairs commitments. This move has indicated that India is going to firm up its development commitments with Bhutan in the coming years.
- Further,Indian Prime minister is likely to visit Bhutan to further deepen the already close relationship between the two countries.
- During the visit,projects such as the Mangdechhu hydropower project and a multi-speciality hospital backed by India will be on the agenda.
- The Mangdechhu project is in its final stages and it is expected that the visit of the Indian PM could coincide with the inauguration of the high-capacity power project.
1 min read