News:The Budget 2020 was presented at the Parliament under three themes. One of the themes is Aspirational India.The Education and Skills is a subtheme under Aspirational India.
Key takeaways in the Education Sector and Skill Development:
- Under Study in India Programme,IND-SAT exam will be conducted in African and Asian countries for foreign candidates who wish to study in India.
- National Police University and a National Forensic Science University have also been proposed in the domain of policing science, forensic science and cyber-forensics.
- Degree level full-fledged online education programme will be started to provide quality education to students of deprived sections.However, these shall be offered only by institutions who are ranked within the top 100 in the National Institutional Ranking Framework(NIRF).
- The Urban Local Bodies to provide internship opportunities to the local youths especially fresh engineers for a period of 1 year.
- External Commercial Borrowings and FDI to be enabled for the education sector.
- The medical colleges to be established along with district hospitals in PPP mode to address the problem of lack of qualified medical doctors.
- National Skill Development Agency to be given special thrust to infrastructure-focused skill development opportunities.