News: Union Minister for Electronics and Information Technology has launched “Chunauti”- Next Generation Startup Challenge Contest to further boost startups and software products with special focus on Tier-II towns of India.
- Chunauti: The programme aims to identify around 300 startups working in identified areas and provide them seed funds of upto Rs. 25 Lakh and other facilities through Software Technology Parks of India centers across India.
- Identified Areas: The Ministry will invite startups in the following areas of work:
- Edu-Tech, Agri-Tech & Fin-Tech Solutions for masses
- Supply Chain, Logistics & Transportation Management
- Infrastructure & Remote monitoring
- Medical Healthcare, Diagnostic, Preventive & Psychological Care
- Jobs & Skilling, Linguistic tools & technologies.
- Software Technology Parks of India(STPI): It is an Autonomous Society set up in 1991 under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) to encourage, promote and boost the Software Exports from India.