News: Union Minister for Agriculture & Farmers Welfare has launched Sahakar Mitra: Scheme on Internship Programme for young professionals.
- Sahakar Mitra Scheme is an initiative of National Cooperative Development Corporation(NCDC).
- Aim: To help cooperative institutions access new and innovative ideas of young professionals while the interns will gain experience of working in the field to be self-reliant.
- Eligibility: Professional graduates in disciplines such as Agriculture and allied areas, IT etc and also who are pursuing or have completed their MBA degrees in Agri-business, Cooperation, Finance, International Trade etc will also be eligible.
- NCDC: It is an apex statutory institution established by an Act of Parliament in 1963 under the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare.
- Yuva Sahakar scheme: It is implemented by National Cooperative Development Corporation(NCDC) to encourage young entrepreneurs into start-ups in the cooperative sector by providing them cheaper loans.