News:Bureau of Energy Efficiency(BEE) along with World Resources Institute (WRI) has launched Urja Dakshata Information Tool(UDIT) to facilitate a database on energy efficiency.
- Urja Dakshata Information Tool(UDIT) is a user-friendly platform that explains the energy efficiency landscape of India across industry, appliances, building, transport, municipal and agriculture sectors.
- It will also showcase the capacity building and new initiatives taken up by the Government across the sectors in the increase energy efficiency domain.
- The BEE is a statutory body under the Ministry of Power. It was set up under the provisions of Energy Conservation Act, 2001.
- Its mission is to assist in developing policies with the primary objective of reducing energy intensity of the Indian Economy.
- The World Resources Institute(WRI) is a global research non-profit organization that was established in 1982.
- It aims to promote environmental sustainability, economic opportunity, and human health and well-being.
- It is headquartered in Washington,USA.