- The US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has said that it has reached Congressionally-mandated 65,000 H-1B visa cap for the fiscal year 2020 after it had started receiving the applications for the H-1B visas.
- This is the first season of H-1B petitions after the USCIS announced enforcing new rules for the H-1B visa.The new rules give preference to those who have completed their post-graduation degree course from any US educational institutions.
- The H-1B visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows US companies to employ foreign workers in occupations that require theoretical or technical expertise.
- Dependents of H-1B visa holders get H-4 visas.Green Card is an identification card which gives one the status of a permanent resident along with legal rights to work in the USA.
- The US Citizenship and Immigration Services(USCIS) is the federal agency mandated with the task of approving such applications for H-1B visa.
2 min read