News:The World Design Organization is all set to launch its new global programme World Design Protopolis in Bengaluru.
About World Design Protopolis:
- It is aimed at implementing holistic progress in mega cities across the world and thus making them sustainable.
- The project also aims to measure progress of city, attract investments and solve problems so that the city becomes a better place for citizens.
- The project will be of a five year duration.It will measure what they did in the city and how the city benefited and who benefited over a period of five years.
About World Design Organisation:
- The World Design Organization (WDO) was founded in 1957.It was formerly known as the International Council of Societies of Industrial Design.
- It is an international non-governmental organization that promotes the profession of industrial design and its ability to generate better products, systems and ultimately a better environment and society.
- Currently,it has over 140 member organizations from 40 nations, engaging them in collaborative efforts and providing them with the opportunity to be heard internationally.
- World Design Organization(WDO) has also a United Nations Special Consultative Status.