- According to the reports,an Indian climber has gone missing from the high camp of Mt Makalu in eastern Nepal.
- A search team has reached the area from where the climber is suspected to have gone missing.However,they have failed to trace him.
- Mount Makalu is the fifth highest mountain in the world at 8,485 meters (27,838 ft),whose shape is a four-sided pyramid.
- It is located in the Mahalangur Himalayas 19 km(12 mi) southeast of Mount Everest,on the border between Nepal and Tibet,China.
- Mt Makalu is considered amongst the most dangerous peaks and summiting the peak is considered extremely challenging due to inclement weather conditions and freezing temperatures.
6 min read