News:The World Health Organization(WHO) has released a list of 13 urgent global health challenges for 2020.
About the 13 challenges:
- Climate Crisis
- Delivering Health in Conflict and Crisis
- Healthcare Equality
- Expanding Access to Medicines
- Infectious Diseases
- Preparing for Epidemics
- Dangerous Products like unsafe food, and unhealthy diets
- Investing in People Who Defend Our Health
- Keeping Teens Safe as more than one million adolescents aged 10 to 19 years die every year
- Earning Public Trust
- Harnessing New Technologies such as genome editing and artificial intelligence.
- Rise of Antimicrobial Resistance
- Clean Water, Sanitation, Hygiene as about one in four health facilities globally lack basic water, sanitation, and hygiene(WASH) services.
About World Health Organization (WHO)
- The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is concerned with international public health.
- It was established on 7th April 1948, and headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. Every year,7th April is celebrated as the World Health Day.
- The WHO is a member of the United Nations Development Group. It has 194 member states.