News:Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways will represent India at the 3rd High Level Global Conference on Road Safety for Achieving Global Goals 2030 in Stockholm,Sweden.
About the conference:
- It is organised by the World Health Organization(WHO) in association with the World Bank and minister-led delegations from more than 80 countries.
- The objective of the conference is to bring road safety on the global agenda and renew the commitment of the world community towards road safety.
- Theme:Achieving Global Goals 2030
About Brasilia Declaration:
- The Brasilia declaration was signed at the Second Global High-Level conference on Road Safety held in Brazil in 2015.
- The declaration lays down recommendations on strengthening existing legislations, adopting sustainable transport and strengthening post-crash response.
- The declaration also calls upon countries to achieve the Sustainable Development Goal 3.6 which calls to halve the number of global deaths and injuries from road traffic accidents by 2020.
- The United Nations has also declared 2010-2020 as the decade of action for Road Safety.