News:The Jammu and Kashmir administration is working on effective implementation of Himayat Mission.Under this, 42 projects have been sanctioned for training.
About Himayat mission:
- Himayat is a placement linked skill training programme for unemployed youth of Jammu and Kashmir.The programme has been under implementation in the state since 2011.
- The programme has been developed and initiated by the Union Ministry of Rural Development and is being implemented by Himayat Mission Management Unit,J&K State Rural Livelihoods Mission (JKSRLM).
- The Programme was recommended by Dr. C. Rangarajan Committee report which was submitted to the Prime Minister in 2011.
- Under the programme,the youth are provided free skill training training for a duration of 3 to 12 months, in a range of skills for which there is good market demand.
- At the end of the training,the youth are assured of a job and there is one year post-placement tracking to see how they are faring.The Programme is 100% funded by the Government of India.
- Further,the programme covers both urban and rural population irrespective of levels of poverty.