News: The National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) published the Annual Crime in India Report 2018
- Overall crime in India increased 1.3% in 2018 compared to 2017
- crime rate per lakh population was 383.5 in 2018
- Uttar Pradesh accounted for most number of crime against women followed by Maharashtra and West Bengal
- Madhya Pradesh accounted for the most rapes in the country. Among Union territories, Delhi recorded the highest number of rapes.
- 27,248 cases of cybercrimes were registered in 2018.
Accidental Death and Suicides in India 2018 report
- Majority of the suicides were reported in Maharashtra, followed by Tamil Nadu
- 10,349 people working in the farm sector suicided in 2018
National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB)
- It is an attached office of the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- The agency is responsible for collecting and analysing crime data as defined by the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and Special and Local Laws (SLL).