News: The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved a Capital Grant as the Viability Gap Funding to Indradhanush Gas Grid Ltd for setting up the North East Natural Gas Pipeline Grid.
North East Natural Gas Pipeline Grid
- States: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura
- Cities covered: Guwahati, Itanagar, Kohima, Dimapur, Aizwal, Imphal, Shillong, Agartala, Silchar, Numaligarh and Gangtok.
- Uninterrupted natural gas supplies to the consumers
- Development of industrial climate in eight states of the north-eastern region
- Improved environment by reduction in the usage of kerosene, wood etc.
- Improvement in the standard of living
- Boost Exploration & Production activities and connect regional gas sources
Pradhan Mantri Urja Ganga project
- It was launched in 2016 by Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- It aims at laying 2,050-km pipeline connecting Jagdishpur (UP) to Haldia (West Bengal)
- It seeks to provide piped cooking gas to residents and CNG to vehicles in eastern region.
- States covered: Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha and West Bengal.
National Gas Grid: It seeks to ensure easy availability of natural gas across all regions and help to achieve uniform economic and social progress