News:Atal Innovation Mission(AIM),NITI Aayog and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) hosted a three day long Youth Co:Lab -national innovation challenge in New Delhi.
About Youth Co:Lab:
- Youth Co:Lab was co-created in 2017 by UNDP and the Citi Foundation and is operational in 25 countries across the Asia Pacific region.
- The initiative aims to create an enabling ecosystem to promote youth leadership, innovation, and social entrepreneurship.
About Youth Co:Lab India:
- Atal Innovation Mission (AIM),NITI Aayog and the UNDP India has launched ‘Youth Co:Lab’ which aims at accelerating social entrepreneurship and innovation in India.
- The initiative convenes a series of youth dialogues across several cities such as New Delhi, Hyderabad, Bangalore and Mumbai to promote entrepreneurship across India.
- It also spreads awareness about different issues pertaining to youth, the future of work and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) through Youth Co:Lab
- The initiative also allows young entrepreneurs and innovators to get a chance to connect with governments, mentors, incubators and investors who will help equip them with entrepreneurial skills.
About Atal innovation mission(AIM):
- The Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) was set up by NITI Aayog in 2016.
- It aims to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship.
- It seeks to create institutions and programs that enhance innovation in schools, colleges, and entrepreneurs in general.
- The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the UN’s global development network.
- UNDP was established in 1965 by the General Assembly of the United Nations.It is headquartered in New York,US.
- UNDP has worked in India since 1951 in almost all areas of human development, from systems and institutional strengthening to inclusive growth and sustainable livelihoods.