- Uttarakhand has been adjudged as one of the country’s five best performing states under ‘Beti Bachao,Beti Padhao’ scheme.
- The state will be felicitated along with the other selected states in recognition of its consistent performance in respect of sex ratio at birth(SRB).
- Consistent performance in respect of SRB indicates that the ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’ scheme is gaining ground in the state.
- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao(BBBP) scheme was launched in January, 2015.The scheme is aimed at promoting gender equality and the significance of educating girls.
- The scheme is targeted at improving the Child Sex Ratio through multi sectoral interventions including prevention of gender biased sex selection and promoting girls’ education and her holistic empowerment.
- The scheme is a tri-ministerial effort of Ministries of (a)Women and Child Development (b)Health & Family Welfare and (c)Human Resource Development.
1 min read